What is Soundfont?
- SoundFonts are files that contain recorded audio samples of various musical instruments. PianistHD would create sound electronically from music note, using different parameters to imitate instruments.
- More information about Soundfont:
How to get Soundfont files?
You can search for the keyword “free soundfont” from the internet or get free soundfonts from following sites:
- GeneralUser GS (29.8 MB)
Courtesy of S. Christian Collins
- TimGM6mb (5.7 MB)
License: GNU General Public License, version 2
Courtesy of Tim Brechbill
- Fluid R3 GM (141 MB)
How to load a Soundfont file to Pianist HD?
- Download Soundfonts and decompress if necessary then copy them to your device’s storage. Pianist HD supports uncompressed soundfont format (*.sf2)
- Launch Pianist HD then tap the Instruments icon (top-left corner of the screen) to open the Instruments Center
- In the Instruments Center, switch to Soundfont tab (default tab is High Quality Sounds)
- Tap the Open Soundfont button and select a Soundfont from your device’s storage to load it to Pianist HD
- Select an instrument you want to play and enjoy