What is Soundfont?
- SoundFonts are files that contain recorded audio samples of various musical instruments. PianistHD would create sound electronically from music note, using different parameters to imitate instruments.
- More information about Soundfont:
How to get Soundfont files?
You can search for the keyword “free soundfont” from the internet or get free soundfonts from following sites:
- GeneralUser GS (29.8 MB)
Courtesy of S. Christian Collins
- TimGM6mb (5.7 MB)
License: GNU General Public License, version 2
Courtesy of Tim Brechbill
- Fluid R3 GM (141 MB)
How to load a Soundfont file to Pianist HD?
- Download Soundfonts and decompress if necessary then copy them to your device’s storage. Pianist HD supports uncompressed soundfont format (*.sf2)
- Launch Pianist HD then tap the Instruments icon (top-left corner of the screen) to open the Instruments Center
- In the Instruments Center, switch to Soundfont tab (default tab is High Quality Sounds)
- Tap the Open Soundfont button and select a Soundfont from your device’s storage to load it to Pianist HD
- Select an instrument you want to play and enjoy
11 Replies to “Soundfont”
Thank you very much. Hope for your long time support to Piano+.
I love this app right from day one, God bless you for giving us this.
Thank you for your positive comment. If you have any question or feedback for the app, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
This is the best piano app I’ve ever used. It could be much better if the app supports long sustain, I mean pressing and holding a key doesn’t play the sound continuously. Rest of the things are awesome.
Please try playing piano with Soundfont instruments to enjoy a better sound quality. Detailed instruction is available here: http://support.rubycell.com/knowledgebase/articles/769554. Hope this would help. Waiting for your response.
It is great app…
How I do for download/play my music ?